Nor'easter of April 16, 2007
Affects Eastman Community

I arrived home Monday afternoon after a weekend on the Cape. It was the height of the storm of the century that originated as a jetstream disturbance in the Southwest, then moved to New England settling in the Atlantic to spin out its fury while dumping rain and bringing near-hurricane winds to parts of New Hampshire. Amazingly, although our local roads were debris-strewn they were clear and free of flooding. Other parts of NH were not so lucky with many trees down and extensive flooding. The damage proved extensive and power outages prolonged. Work crews from all over the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast were in our community throughout the week, finally restoring power to my home late Wednesday. Only then could I use my TV and learn of the severity and extent of the flooding and wind-damage. We were fortunate to lose no large trees. My neighbor was lucky that the very large tree blown over within feet of his house fell away causing no damage.

Others were not so lucky. I heard about a tree falling on top of one of our pumping stations. When my wife returned Friday I took her to view it and you can see here the photos she took.

"Nature's Axe"

Link Lane pumping station Link Lane pumping station Link Lane pumping station Link Lane pumping station Link Lane pumping station Link Lane pumping station